Casino Payment Methods in UK – Casino Banking Options for Deposit and Withdrawal
The UK is one of the countries where the iGaming industry is highly developed and widespread. Although the UK online casinos are strictly regulated by the UKGC, the local gambling licensing regulator, there are many different things to consider when choosing a reliable iGaming platform, including the payment methods on offer. When it comes to deposits and withdrawals, UK-friendly casinos know how to make it as easy as possible. The British are spoiled by the number of banking options available to online casinos – local legislation allows gamblers to use bank cards, e-wallets, and other options. However, there are problems from such a large selection: how do you decide which banking method is the best for you? All the answers are here!
How Do We Rate Online Casino Payment Methods
Given the number of payment methods offered by casinos, choosing the right one can be a daunting task. Although there is no answer as to which casino banking method of making a deposit or withdrawing is the best, there are few pointers that we consider when choosing reliable payment options:
- Availability in the UK. We are investigating local legislation to determine if certain banking methods are permitted for use in online casinos serving Brits.
- Security. Studying a particular payment option, we check all the measures taken to protect personal and payment information, such as data encryption, two-factor authentication, and others.
- Transaction speed. Since every gambler wants their withdrawal requests to be processed as quickly as possible, this point is one of the most important. We give preference to reliable banking methods that provide the fastest financial transactions.
- Deposit and withdrawal limits. Since each payment system sets its limits on the min/max amount per transaction, we choose the best options offering good limits.
- Transactional fee. From bank cards and Emerchantpay to e-wallets and cryptocurrencies, almost all casino payment options charge transaction fees. So, we select the best casino payment methods with no hidden fees.
- Anonymity. Several payment tools ensure your anonymity while gambling – we also check this aspect.
While we may recommend certain deposit methods, the final choice depends on your personal preference. However, when choosing between transaction speed and anonymity, you should not neglect security.
Types of Payment Methods for the UK Gamblers
UK players have a huge selection of banking options available for use in online casinos. Below we will discuss the most popular types of casino payment tools that provide secure financial transactions.
Since the vast majority of the UK adult population has at least one payment card, bank cards are one of the most popular ways to deposit and withdraw winnings. To register a card, you need to provide a unique 16-digit number, a security code on the back, and an expiration date. The casino operator will remember your card details, and you can use them multiple times. Almost all British casinos support bank cards powered by Visa, MasterCard and Maestro, one of the most popular payment methods in the world.
Although this method is somewhat outdated, many UK casinos still support it. If your bank account details are always at your fingertips and you don’t mind waiting a little longer, then you can use the Bank Transfer method. As one of the most reliable options, it is recommended for withdrawing large amounts of winnings.
Today, there are many UK-friendly payment services featuring e-Wallets available for use in online casinos as deposit and withdrawal options:
- PayPal. Launched in 1998, this service is a pioneer in the world of digital payments. Considered one of the safest, most reliable and efficient banking methods, it is widely used as a payment tool in several UK online casinos.
- Skrill. Considered as PayPal in the online gambling world, this service allows users to link their bank cards with digital wallets to make transactions online. Strong financial data protection and anonymity are key features of Skrill e-Wallets.
- Neteller. Recently part of the PaySafe Group, Neteller stands next to Skrill in serving the online gambling industry. Ease of use is what makes this payment tool special.
- Emerchantpay. It is a rapidly gaining popularity payment type that is already widely used by gamblers from various countries, including the UK. In addition to the digital wallet service, Emerchantpay offers a prepaid PremioCard option that online casino players can also use.
While e-Wallets provide the fastest online casino transactions, they also save you time on registration since you don’t have to enter a long bank card number.
When it comes to prepaid cards, these banking methods provide the best level of security and often do not require players to go through a complicated registration process. So, here are some of the options available to UK gamblers:
- EcoPayz. One of the best online casino payment methods, EcoPayz creates a single secure point for financial transactions.
- Paysafecard. One of the safest online casino deposit methods, Paysafecard offers vouchers with a 16-digit PIN code that work independently of other payment options. With this casino banking method, you can ensure complete anonymity while gambling in an online casino. You can use this payment method by playing at Gold Bank Casino, a popular UK-friendly website.
- EntroPay. A virtual prepaid card with Visa features, this payment option is also popular for deposits and withdrawals at UK online casinos.
What makes prepaid cards so popular is that they allow players to control their spending better as they can only use the money they have transferred to the prepaid virtual card.
Pay by Phone Bill
Several UK casinos accept phone payments. These payments go through the mobile service provider, adding a certain amount of money spent on depositing funds at the casino to your monthly bill.
Alternative Online Casino Payment Methods
Along with the ones listed above, there are several additional casino payment methods supported by some UK-friendly gambling websites:
- Boku. introduced to the world relatively recently, Boku is a secure payment tool that allows you to pay for digital goods and services through your mobile account. Among the many online casinos that accept Boku, Gold Bank Casino may be your best bet.
- Klarna. Launched in 2005, this successful fintech startup has achieved excellent results in the financial world and now also serves the online casino sector. This is a large virtual bank operating in the European Union and the UK and allows fast and secure financial transactions through an online service and mobile devices.
- Revolut. If you are looking for a commission-free deposit method, then Revolut is your best bet. This service acts as an intermediary for transferring funds from one online system to another without any fees.
- Google Pay. Available to users of Android devices, this service allows you to perform fast and secure transactions using linked bank cards.
- Apple Pay. Similar to Google Pay, this service is popular with iPhone and iPad users. So, your device acts as a single domain for online financial transactions without the need to provide bank card details.
- Muchbetter. Established to compete with Neteller and Skrill in the online casino payments world, Muchbetter has found its niche in the mobile payments sector. This service provides both an e-Wallet and a prepaid card, combining the benefits of two different types of banking methods. Despite its youth, Muchbetter is very popular with UK mobile casino players.
Gambling with cryptocurrencies – where Bitcoin is the king – deserves special attention. The use of Bitcoin for deposits and withdrawals brings many advantages of the digital nature of cryptocurrency to online gambling payments – anonymity, low transaction fees, fast payment processing, no intermediaries, and complete anonymity.
Factors to Check Before Choosing a Payment Method
While the final choice is yours, we offer a few extra things to keep in mind when choosing the right banking method:
- Bonuses and VIP. While online casinos may encourage certain banking options by offering generous bonuses, some payment tools are undesirable. So, many online casinos do not offer bonuses for those who use Neteller or Skrill for various reasons.
- Usability. If you already have an option you trust, it would be better to find an online casino that supports it.
- Cashouts. Make sure your chosen banking method is available for both deposits and withdrawals.
Explore the advantages and disadvantages of each casino banking method by reading user reviews to choose the option that suits you completely.
Each of the banking methods you find on this page is safe and secure when it comes to deposits and withdrawals at UK-friendly online casinos. To further protect yourself, make sure that you have chosen a licensed casino that offers a wide range of casino payment methods with your favourite among them.
Casino Banking FAQ
E-Wallets from Neteller, Skrill and some other processors offer the fastest payments.
The rules prohibit this. If it turns out that you are using someone else’s bank card or account, you will be banned.
Since 2020, the use of credit cards for online gambling has been banned in the UK.
First, make sure the option you choose provides fast and secure transactions with no additional fees.
The rules of online casinos usually prohibit this. We recommend that you use the same casino banking method for both deposits and withdrawals.